Thursday, September 22, 2011

Insights

Stole this survey from Sabine. =)


What is your name? Were you named after someone else? Do you like your name?
Lucy: My name is Lucy Ryoko Nakamura.  Lucy is because my mom loved I Love Lucy, and Ryoko is after my grandmother on my dad’s side.  I love my name!  It’s old fashioned, so not a lot of people have that name anymore, but it’s not so old fashioned that it sounds out of place.
Keisha: Mine is Keisha Rae Vance.  I’m not named after anyone.  I like my first name, but my middle name is just okay.

Do you have any pets? If yes, what kinds, and what are their names? If not, why don’t you have any pets?
Lucy: I have a sun conure named Pajarro and a hamster named Yuu.
Keisha: I don’t have any yet.  My parents want to make sure that my younger brother and sister are ready before we get any.  But they’ve been talking about getting a cat soon.

Do you like to cook? What’s your favorite food? Are you good at cooking?
Lucy: I’m not a great cook, so I don’t do much of that.  Growing up with my dad who worked so much, we had a lot of fast food, pre-prepared meals, and boxed and canned things.  I never really learned from anyone.  My favorite foods are grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I can make that!
Keisha: I like to help my mom in the kitchen.  I’m still learning from her and really enjoying it.  My favorite food is spaghetti and turkey meatballs.

Where do you live? Have you ever lived in another country from where you do currently?
We both live in the US (California) and no, we’ve never lived in another country.  Hopefully someday!  We’d love to go to Brazil or Japan.

Have you ever met a famous person? Who was it?
Lucy: I met Jason Varitek, the catcher and captain for the Boston Red Sox once.
Keisha: Never.  Maybe I will soon!

What do you do in your free time?
Lucy: Sports, reading, drawing, watching anime and classic movies, hang out with my friend Keisha =)
Keisha: reading, photography, watching classic movies, singing, playing with my little brother and sister, hanging out with Lucy!

Do you like sports? What are your favorite sport?
Lucy: As I mentioned in the last question I love sports!  I play soccer and volleyball.  I also love tennis.
Keisha: I like to cheer and swim, if you count those. =)

How old are you? Do you like being the age you are? 
We’re both 11 and loving it!

What are your hobbies?
Lucy: reading manga and Nancy Drew, drawing, classic movies, collecting antiques
Keisha: reading the classics and Nancy Drew, singing, photography, learning about my culture

Do you have a religion? What is it?
Lucy: I wasn’t raised in a religion and I haven’t really put any thought into adopting one.
Keisha: My family is Methodist.

How many languages do you speak? What are they? 
Lucy: I only fluently speak English.  But I’ve picked up quite a bit of Japanese over the years, and we’re learning Latin in school.
Keisha: I’m also only fluent in English.  But I learned a lot of Spanish when I lived in Los Angeles, and it comes in handy here!  And I’m also studying Latin in school.

Who do you live with?
Lucy: My dad, evil step mom, and older brother
Keisha: My mom and dad and younger siblings

Are you a morning or night person?
Lucy: Afternoon, actually.
Keisha: Early morning!

Would you want to be famous? Why or why not? 
Lucy: I’m a little too shy and I hate having people look at me all the time.  I think fame would be too much pressure for me.
Keisha: I could handle it.  In fact, I would love it!  I’m good with attention, and I bet I would love to meet all the cool celebrities.

What are five things people don’t know about you?
Lucy:
1. My brother is one of my best friends.
2. I like my new school better than my old school in Boston.
3. Unlike a lot of native New Englanders, I can pronounce the letter “R.” =)
4. My dad told me that when he and my mom were in college, she dyed her hair purple!  I’m going to do that one day as a tribute to her.
5. I really love ‘80s music because my dad played a lot of it when I was really little.

Keisha:
1. In my old school, I was the smallest kid in my class.
2. I’m saving my allowance for an American Girl doll.
3. I want to learn how to play the oboe because I think it sounds cool.
4. Since my mom and dad are both in the medical profession, I’m thinking about going into it myself when I grow up.
5. I just painted my toenails sparkly purple. =D

1 comment:

  1. Neat! I may have to steal the survey myself. It is fun to learn more about your blog friends.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete