Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cheerleading tryouts and club week

Hi everyone!  It's Keisha again!  Now that Lucy has asked me to co-author on her blog, I'm going to be posting more often... I'm supposed to be opening my own account so my name can come up on the posts, but I've been too lazy.  I will eventually get around to it!

Anyways, I have to tell you all... this week at our school is club week.  It's been really fun!  We've been on minimum day schedule all week so that we could spend the last hour of the day seeing presentations by various clubs, doing sign-ups and auditions for the clubs and teams that need them.  On Monday I joined photography club... I'm really excited about it!  We're going to meet every Monday for 45 minutes after school and learn about photography and practice different techniques.  Each week we're going to have to submit at least one photo we've taken and at the end of the year we're going to compile them all into a portfolio.  We're going to do different themes like self-portrait, landscape, silhouette, etc.

My mom asked me to join MESA, which stands for Math, Engineering, and Science Achievement.  And I don't know if it's just my mom or a mom thing in general, but when she "asks" me to do something, that means that I don't have a choice in the matter.  I convinced Lucy to join with me, and although neither of us a super great at that sort of thing, we're going to try to make the best of it.  Our math teacher is the adviser... he's giving everyone who joins MESA and stays in it all trimester extra credit.  And actually does sound sort of fun.  I just don't plan on letting my mom know that! ;)

But the thing I'm most nervous about is cheerleading tryouts this Friday!  I was in club cheerleading and on my school's squad where I used to live, so I have a lot of experience, but I'm still kind of worried.  I saw a video on our school website of the squad from last year... they're really good!  I've been practicing a routine for my tryout... I hope I'm good enough!

~ Keisha

6 comments:

  1. Good luck at your cheerleading tryouts, Keisha! Karate is the closest thing I have done to dance/cheer type of sport. Your photography club sounds like a lot of fun. I bet you'll take a lot of cool pictures.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Good luck for your cheerleading tryouts .. just relaxs if you can and have fun with it .. I know that is one of those easier said than done things .. you do better if you can think and just go out for some fun ..

    oh .. and something I forgot on my comment on your last post .. ask questions that helps with people wanting to answer about something you talk about ..

    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily and Taryn! I've been trying to stay relaxed and casual about and not get too worked up, but it can be hard not to. I'm feeling pretty positive about things though!

    ~ Keisha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with tryouts! Let us know how things go! The photography club sounds awesome. Photography is a hobby I'm trying to get into since playing the flute didn't work out for me.
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sabine! Photography is really fun... I'm still learning though. And my human plays the flute. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, this is Josefina. :-)

    Photography club sounds really fun! I take photos as well as write for my school paper, and I really like it. I bet you'll learn a lot.

    MESA sounds interesting, too.

    Good luck with cheerleading tryouts!

    Love,
    Josefina

    ReplyDelete