Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Suspect Behavior

So, you guys remember I was telling you that something strange was up with my brother Dylan?  Well, he's getting even weirder and more suspicious!  He's still been taking lots of private phone calls and sneaking around.  He's been very secretive.  And last night, I caught him sneaking in very late!


I was out of bed getting a glass of water (or, to be perfectly honest, I was getting a cookie and a glass of chocolate milk, lol), and I heard someone at the door.  I panicked!  It was almost 2 AM and, as far as I knew, everyone in the house was asleep.  I grabbed the nearest weapon-- one of my step-mom's ugly vases-- and the phone... I was readying myself to bash the intruder over the head or in the stomach or whatever else I could reach when the intruder lit the hall way with his phone and I saw it was in fact Dylan.


"Goosey! What are you doing up?" he demanded.
I put down the phone and vase.  "Why are you just getting in?"
He hesitated.  "No one needs to know about this, okay?  Just between me and you."


And then he rushed upstairs.  When I woke up this morning, there was a small stack of mangas outside my door.  Dylan had left a little note on them that said, "I've been meaning to give these to you <3."  So, is this a bribe?  I don't know what to think of any of this.  I'm just not used to Dylan  sneaking around and being less than honest.  What do I do?  I don't want to tell my dad that something is weird because I would hate to get my brother in trouble.  I mean, he doesn't seem to be in danger or anything... I just can't help but worry.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, this is Felicity from The Green Girls.

    It's totally a bribe!

    In my opinion, you should tell your dad. I'm not normally one to recommend tattling, but sneaking out of the house in the middle of the night is dangerous. What if something had happened or he'd gotten hurt? No one might have even known he was missing till morning!

    Normally what's between your sibling and your parent isn't your business... but when someone is at actual risk, I think you need to step in. Even if it's tough.

    Love,
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's strange. I would tell your dad. Like Felicity said, it's dangerous to be wandering around at night. My brother, Chase, used to sneak out sometimes and it always worried me a lot. Does he have a girlfriend? That's why Chase always snuck out.

    -Mac

    ReplyDelete