Monday, July 25, 2011

Went to see Harry Potter... saw him and then some...

Konnichiwa!  I think I mentioned in my last post that my friend Keisha and I were going with my dad to see the last Harry Potter film.  Well, we went last night (Sunday) and we all loved it!  We went to a little local Italian restaurant before hand (I had a chicken alfredo calzone that was huge and Keisha had lasagna... we both split our meal in half and swapped with one another... yum!).  The theater we went to was really big and had two arcades, so we played DDR and Guitar Hero before we saw the movie.  My dad tried to win us a prize from the claw machine, but he couldn't... he ran out of quarters and said the machine was rigged! =P


Well, when we finally went in to see the movie, we sat way up in the top of the theater so we could see the whole screen without stretching our necks.  The theater was pretty packed, even though the movie has been out for a while.  But you know what?  We all loved it!  It was pretty wonderful.  


When we came out of the theater, though, I had a pretty big shock.  I had asked my brother Dylan  that morning if he wanted to come with us, but he said he was going to stay home and read.  But when we were coming out of the theater, I saw him and two girls (twins his age) walking out of the ice cream place across from the theater.  Why would he lie to me?  I can understand if he had plans, and I get that he needs his space and privacy and stuff, but that's no reason to be downright dishonest.  =/  I want to confront him, but what could I say?  I don't want him to be mad at me.  Whenever we fight, I always end up crying... then Dad gets mad at Dylan and he gets even madder at me.  Ugh, brothers!!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, what were your favorite parts of Harry Potter? Who is your favorite character? I haven't gone to see it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

    I'm sorry your brother was dishonest with you. He probably just wanted to hang out with friends, but didn't know how to say so without hurting your feelings.

    I don't have any siblings, so I don't have fights with them- but I've always wanted a brother or sister to hang out with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVED the Harry Potter movie! It was bittersweet in a way but done very well! Glad you had fun.

    It's a shame that your brother lied to you! I'd be really mad. I can't help wondering, though, if maybe he had a romantic interest in one of the people he was hanging out with, and is too embarrassed to tell you he likes someone?

    Love,
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete