Monday, July 18, 2011

Hello, world! It's little Lucy!





Hello to anyone who may be reading this!  At the recommendation of my dad, I've started a blog to tell my story to the world... if anyone cares.  


My name is Lucy Ryoko Nakamura, although I'm known to some as Lucy-chan, Luce, Goosey, or just plain Lucy.  I'm 11 years old and I was born and raised in Boston.  I live with my wonderful dad, my big brother Dylan (who I actually like... just don't tell him I said so!), and my wicked step-mother, Lily.  My mother died when I was a baby, and several months ago my father remarried.  Neither Dylan nor I like Lily very much... she waltzes into our lives at this late stage and expects us both to embrace her as our mother... but that isn't the case.


Last month, things worsened.  My dad's job transferred him to Bakersfield, CA... a hot city a couple of hours away from Los Angeles.  I wasn't excited... I love Boston.  Everything is old and full of history.  New England has a certain charm you can't find anywhere else.  I'm sure California has it's good points, but I'm not ready to see them yet.  I'm still sad about never being able to go with Dylan to another Red Sox game at Fenway... never being able to take the ferry to Nantucket... everything I used to love is behind me.


My dad is really trying to make things easy on everyone though.  He's promised to take us to Disneyland and the beach this summer.  And our new house is sort of nice.  I got to pick my bedroom first, and when I have everything set up like I want it, I'll show it to you.


Anyways, hope my first post wasn't too boring... I plan to post regularly and hopefully make some friends.  


TTFN!

9 comments:

  1. Hi, Lucy! I'm Keesha, and I'm 10 years old. I really know how you feel! My family is going through some changes right now, and it can be really hard! I'm sorry about your mom, but it sounds like you have an awesome dad! Both my parents died when I was little, but I don't remember them. Nice meeting you! I hope we can be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lucy. I just moved to a new place also (from NYC to Montana). It is quite an adjustment and I miss my friends, but I think I will learn to enjoy the slower-paced life.

    I am sorry about your mom and having to deal with an evil step-mom. Maybe your new blog friends can help you out.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to meet you both! And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy,

    This is Bree from The Green Girls.

    Great first post! It's neat to "get to know" you, and to make a new blog friend.

    Sorry to hear about your mom's death. That must have been really hard. Hopefully things will get easier with your stepmom in the future.

    I've never been to Boston, but our guardian used to live in that area while she was an undergrad. She says it's really nice and she can see why you miss it!

    Love,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lucy! I've never been to Boston, but I love California! I hope you like it better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salut, Lucy! It's nice to meet you! I understand how you feel- living far away from France was difficult on me at first.
    My friend Melanie is from Boston, and she agrees with you 100%. :) She sometimes misses it, too.
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is great to meet you .. I just moved to my home in Oregon from the Mediterranean so it has been a very big difference for me as well .. I understand how hard it is to change ..

    We cannot wait to get to know you more .. hope you will have fun with all of us too ..

    Your Friend,
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the comments! It's nice to meet you and I hope to get to know you all better. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lucy!

    Moving can be really tough. I moved to New York City from Wisconsin a few years ago. It was hard to start my life all over again, but luckily New York is a big, exciting city and there are lots of things to love about it.

    I'm sorry you don't get along with your stepmother. If it helps, she probably feels just as awkward as you do.

    -Inky

    ReplyDelete