Friday, July 22, 2011

My new friend Keisha



When I lived in Boston, I had a few friends, but no really good friends.  I'm kind of shy, so it's hard for me to get to know people.  I was scared when we moved... I just thought I wouldn't be able to make friends.  So I really got lucky... and it really was my dumb luck!

A while back, on the day we moved in, I standing in the front yard getting a look at our new house.


When I was in the yard, I noticed that the house next door had a lot of boxes by the trash can as if the people who lived there had just moved in as well.  After a while, while we were still trying to settle into the house with  the little stuff we had with us, there was a knock at the door.  



This was when I met my new friend Keisha.  Her family has just moved to town recently as well, and she didn't really know any other kids.  Well, we talked for a long time... she's really nice!  She's kind of shy too, so neither one of us expected too much from the other... and that made it a lot easier.  It turns out that Keisha and I are the same age, and when school starts back, we'll be in the same grade and the same school.  I'm so happy that I know someone here!

Keisha and I have been playing together everyday since then.  She's a lot of fun, and better company than almost anyone else I know.  The last two days, we've been having a Harry Potter movie marathon.  Neither of us has seen the new one, so my dad is going to take us both this weekend!  We're even going to dinner first.  I'm really excited!

The only thing that would have made the Harry Potter thing better would be if my brother Dylan was coming.  But even though we've only lived here a short while, Dylan has already met a group of kids his age... he went to the midnight showing on opening night with a girl, and he has a date with her this weekend.  Is it wrong to hope that he doesn't get some girlfriend who's going to steal him away from me?   I mean, I already lost my dad to my mean old step-mom...


8 comments:

  1. Lucy, I should first say that your outfit is absolutely adorable! It's so cute, and I love how you have paired the boots with it.
    Keisha sounds very nice- I'm glad that you have found a friend in her.
    Bises,
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. HooRay .. you found a friend .. that is wonderful .. good for you ..

    Oh you are so lucky to get to go see the last Harry Potter movie .. we have not gotten to see it yet but are hoping to this weekend .. we love Harry Potter .. it is so good ..

    Have fun with Keisha and have a great rest of the summer ..
    Marsali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lucy. Keisha sounds like a very good friend. It is nice to have a friend with a similar interest you can share. Have fun going out to dinner and the movies.

    *Angelica*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm so glad you made a new friend! And, she has almost the same name as me! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool that you've made a good friend! Keisha seems like a nice girl. Hopefully you'll have lots of fun adventures together.

    Love,
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the comments/compliments/well wishes! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you made a new friend! Do you know which teacher you'll have this year? Maybe you two will even be in some of the same classes!

    You're so lucky to have a friend right in your neighborhood! We moved to our new neighborhood last year and so far I've only befriended one girl. Has your brother met any friends in the neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete