Friday, April 19, 2013

Spending Time With New Friends


Hello, world!  Lucy here.  I know, I know… long time no post.  I’m going to try to be better about that from now on, though.  Anyways, when I came home from school this afternoon, my dad was still at work and my step-mom Lily was with the elderly lady she helps take care of.  Dylan had just rushed in ahead of me and was taking a shower.  I called Keisha to see if she wanted to come over, but she had an event for the cheerleading squad and couldn’t come over.   My other friends from school (McKenna, Salima, and Kennedy… all of whom I promise to tell you about soon!) live too far away to hang out after school without arranging rides with parents beforehand.  I figured I could just read some of my latest manga finds or maybe watch some of my recordings on the DVR, but I knew I’d be a little lonely since everyone else was out having fun.  So I was really pleased when Dylan was about to leave and asked me if I wanted to go with him!  Well, Dylan is a pretty cool brother (most of the time) and I’d pretty much go anywhere with him, but I was happy when he said we were going over to the Steins’ house, so he could see his friends Bethany and Sarah and I could see my friend Wendy (of the blog Wendy’s Life).  When we got there Dylan, Bethany, and Sarah all settled in to watch some TV, so Wendy and I, as well as her friends Quinn and Ashley went to play outside.  It was a lot of fun!  I don’t know Quinn and Ashley very well, but I’m glad we all hung out today… they’re pretty cool.  Maybe I could count them as friends, too.








No comments:

Post a Comment